Thursday, June 11, 2009

CYA Conference, plus competition

The CYA Later, Alligator Conference 2009 for Children's and Young Adult Writers and Illustrators will be held at the Brisbane Writers' Festival in September. Writers include Jackie French, Paul Collins, Colin Thompson, Meredith Costain, Mark Guthrie, Patrick J. Jones, Peter Carnavas and international author Brian Falkner. There's also manuscript assessment and pitch sessions.

I don't think I'll make it to Brisvegas, but as part of the festival there's a writing competition that is so perfect for me I think I wished it into existence! It's a young adult novel writing competition, and is assessed by the first 1000 words of a manuscript. The prize-money is inconsequential, but a short-list of entries is forwarded to a children's publisher. Woo-hoo! Competition closes June 30. I'm definitely entering Lharmell.

For all you other unpublished Australian YA writers out there, the details are on the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment