Friday, June 26, 2009

My Library Haul (2)

A few requested items came in this week, which is always exciting!

First up, Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. Richelle is coming to Australia later in the year, so I hope I enjoy this one!

I saw this reviewed on a fantasy blog, and the back cover describes it a "romantic heroic fantasy". Just what I like.

Ditto. Seen on blog and have to read.

Brave New World is on my Dystopia Challenge list, and I also convinced my book club to read it for next month.

Another bloggy recommendation. There's a poem on the inside cover that reads:

When the dark creeps in and steals the light,
Bury your fears on Sorry Night.

For in the winter's blackest hours,
Come the feasting of the Vours.
No one can see it, the life they stole,

Your body's here but not your soul...

How creepy is that? And I love the smokey cover with the girl in tears. Very moody.

Agents update: since sending out my MS to aforementioned agents, I have had two rejections and one full MS request. All I can say about this is: !!! and I hope the agent who asked for the whole thing reads like greased lightening. And then of course signs me up and gets me the best damned book deal a debutante like me could ever hope for. But if not and Lharmell goes no where, inspiration struck last night and I've started work on a standalone that I'm very excited about indeed.

4 comments:

  1. I read a Brave New World way back when. It's one of those where I would be curious to see if it held up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If this is your first taste of Robin McKinley, you are in for a real treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is! I think I might be in for a treat. When I finish Tiger Eyes tomorrow I think I'll have to start it.

    I've never read BNW, but I'm hoping it turns out to be a classic I love Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've liked the Richelle Mead and Robin McKinley, so yep, good choices! I keep on seeing Holly Black rec'd in various places, but it's one of those books I haven't quite gotten around to buying yet.

    Li

    ReplyDelete