- Kristen Cashore. I loved Graceling. I just started Fire. I'm in awe. She got Tamora Pierce to blurb Graceling, lucky bitch.
- Tanith Lee. Her Claidi journals books (book 1 Wolf Tower/Law of the Wolf Tower) are funny and dark, and probably the most similar to Lharmell for tone and sense of humour. The Black Unicorn trilogy is fantastic too. I love Lee's stuff for young adults, so I really must read Piratica.
- Suzanne Collins. Oh, I would just die. Collapse like a Victorian woman with a spot of the vapours.
- Isobelle Carmody. Fellow Aussie. Amazing fantasy writer.
- And, of course, the high priestess of YA fantasy for girls, Tamora Pierce. I want to be Britney to her Madonna. But with less kissing.
*Approximately. I want to email Ginger and say "When? EXACTLY when did you send out Lharmell? I want to sent a timer! Mark it on my calender! Obsess over each second!" but I fear that could be too neurotic-author.