Saturday, March 19, 2011

Maria V. Snyder Tour, New Books and Obligatory Cute Kitten Photo

It was revealed last week that Maria V. Snyder, the author of several of my favourite books including Poison Study and Inside Out, is coming to Australia and New Zealand in August. Massive huzzahs! I eagerly await tour dates and other info. I assume she'll be here for the Melbourne Writers' Festival. *Please* let there be evening events for those of us who have to work full time!

The Australian cover for Outside In. What do you think?

I'm almost almost done with Outside In by Maria V. Snyder. I left it at home the other day and took Del-Del by Victor Kelleher by mistake. Oops. I will finish and write my (glowing) review soon. Del-Del, by the way, is fantastic. Part one is like a YA version of The Exorcist.

I have passed the 12K mark in my sci-fi novel (!!! yay !!!) and the characters are starting to speak for themselves. I love when that happens and I can just relay the voices in my head instead of stopping every two minutes and going "Um..." It's no longer a chore to write a thousand words.

New books this week ... well, book. Just one. The Quarterly Essay: The Happy Life, The Search for Contentment in the Modern World by David Malouf. I was very fond of his short novel Fly Away Peter and am interested to see what he has to say on the subject.


We just came back from the shops and the kitten jumped into a green bag. I hung it up on the door (one handle only, so she could jump out when she wanted) and she thought it was just fantastic. Kitten hammock that doubles as an aerial attack position.


Happy Caturday!

5 comments:

  1. I will be making a big effort to get to see Maria Snyder. Might even have to take a day off work to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did she grab at you when you walked past the bag? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I met Maria Snyder at a conference a year or so ago - she was so nice!

    My cat loves bag hammocks too :) He loves it even more when we swing him about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the Aussie cover ~ hadn;t seen it around anywhere either.

    I just *may* read this book ~ haha, looking forward to your review so I can see if it's my kind of read :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Marg Well then we have to meet up there!

    @Tez You bet she did. Little monster.

    @Lynn Awwwww. Tivali was loving it when we poked the sides. Attack kitten!

    @Nomes It's not bad is it! Yay for Aussie release.

    ReplyDelete