Monday, August 3, 2009

ABCs meme

I've been tagged by Steph at Hey! Teenager of the Year.

The Rules:
- Link to the person who tagged you
- Share your ABCs
- Tag three people at the end by linking to their blogs
- Let the three tagged people know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website
- Do not tag the same person repeatedly but try to tag different people, so there is a big network of bloggers doing this tag.

Available or single?
De facto.

Best Friend?
The boyf. (Really, I'm gagging myself at how sentimental I'm being. I'd put laptop but if he sees that I won't be taken out to dinner this week, ha!)

Cake or Pie?
Cake. Pie isn't so popular in Australia, unless it's filled with cheap beef mince.

Drink of choice?
Soy Chai Latte. Preferably Phoenix Organic Chai from NZ. (What locavore movement?)

Essential item for every day use?
A purse that can hold books up to 500 pages in length, with room for a water bottle too.

Favorite color?
Probably teal. I tend to go for the blues and greens. They look okay with my brown hair and fair skin. And, really, it's what a colour can do for me, right?

Google?
I igoogle. It's how I keep up with the blogs I read. I tend to google anything that pops into my head. I think instant research gratification is making me ADD.

Hometown?
Wandin East, Victoria. It's where I left home from, and as my mother's there and I've moved house almost every year since 2001 it still feels like "home". I spent the first ten years in Western Australia, in the Pilbara (red dirt desert, small towns, long drives), so that's a bit like home, too.

Indulgences?
Sitting on the couch all afternoon by myself with popcorn and a season of Scrubs. Bliss. But only after I've been VERY productive so I don't twitch about from guilt.

January or February?
January. I'm usually on holiday somewhere beachy.

Kids and their names?
None and no names picked out. I've never even held a baby and the thought creeps me out. Though I do have my future cats' names picked out: Minka, for the cat from Tiger Eyes by Judy Blume, and Dinah, from Alice in Wonderland. Not sure what I'll call a boy cat, though.

Life is incomplete without...?
I'm going to be predictable and say a good book to read and several more in an anxious pile on the floor. And a good international house DJ to dance to every weekend or so with a big group of people, or just me and my boy.

Marriage date?
If K-Rudd or some future Prime Minister allows gay marriage (not civil unions, gay marriage) I might consider it. I won't make my gay friends sit through an occasion that they can't celebrate themselves.

Number of siblings?
One. An older brother. He's pretty cool now. I tease him endlessly. It's payback for years of being a little sister.

Oranges or apples?
Apples for convenience of eating. Though I do prefer oranges if I have the time.

Phobias and fears?
Getting my mother's legs (varicose veins exacerbated by pregnancy), and the dark, depending on the recency of watching a scary film. After watching The Shining a few months ago all lights had to be ON near any bath-tubs.

Quote for the day?
From my favourite book, Jane Eyre. I'll paraphrase as I lent my copy to my friend. This is from a scene halfway through the book that I flicked to randomly in a bookshop the other day and is just so romantic (in context. Non-Jane Eyre lovers, go read it now. Better than Austen, Jane Eyre. And Gothic, too.)

Mr Rochester: What love have I for Miss Ingram? What love has she for me? Jane, my wife is here.

Again, paraphrasing. But you get the gist. Most romantic moment in any book EVER.

Reason to smile?
I find lots of reasons. The more the better.

Season?
Autumn and Spring. Sunny days, cool, fresh air but no need for heavy uncomfortable coats or sweaty tram rides through the city.

Tag 3 people?
Ana and Thea at The Book Smugglers
Elizabeth and Emily at Underage Reading
Lenore at Presenting Lenore

Unknown fact about me?
I'm a science nerd. Little known fact: people whinge about their wisdom teeth and how they're painful and pointless and expensive to remove, but thousands/millions of years ago when we were evolving, by the time we reached twenty most of our teeth would have rotted away and we'd need these late-onset in order to chew for the next 5-10 years of our lives before we died. For some reason this doesn't console my friends when they bemoan their dentistry bills to me.

Vegetable you hate?
Raw mushrooms, and green capsicum when it's not paired with salami and chilli on pizza.

Worst habit?
Letting my nails grow too long. They're exceedingly strong with a natural white tips (don't you just hate me?) but when they're long it indicates that I haven't been writing as much as I should have. Can't type with long nails.

Xrays you've had?
A few times on my jaw when I got braces, and when I got my wisdom teeth out. And a few times as a baby when I had some sort of nasty chest infection, pleurisy I think.

Your fave food?
Green curry prawns from a good Thai restaurant.

Zodiac sign?
Scorpio. But if you read me my stars a great deal of eye-rolling and sarcastic comments will ensue.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for tagging us!

    I have a cat name picked out too: Picky-Picky.

    --Elizabeth from UnderageReading

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picky-Picky from Ramona! Yes! He's a fantastic literary cat. I was so sad when poor Picky-Picky died :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never considered that was the purpose of wisdom teeth. It all makes sense now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, we been tagged! Awesome meme. And green curry prawns are delicious :)

    ReplyDelete