Sunday, May 3, 2009

Just finished reading...

I've just finished Beka Cooper: Terrier by Tamora Pierce. I fell in love with Pierce's books about ten years ago when I picked up Alanna: The First Adventure. Ever since then I've loved books with girls who fight. Realms of the Gods (Immortals #4) would be my favourite. I love Daine and Numair. The whole time I was reading it I was shouting in my head "JUST KISS HER ALREADY!!" I wasn't fond of the Circle of Magic books and stopped reading Pierce for a little while, but I'd heard such good things about Beka Cooper.

It was enjoyable. Not edge-of-my-seat so, but Pierce so effectively creates her worlds that you can't help but be drawn into the story. I liked the heroine. She's very original, and there was plenty of humour and fighting and odd-ball characters. The sexual tension is building nicely--and at snail's pace, which I confess I LIKE. None of this "quick gaze into the eyes and fall head over heels" crap! And the romance is the side-story, not the focus which I love, too.

I'm looking forward to the next one! Not sure when we'll see the paperback in Oz, but I'll keep my eye out for it...

No comments:

Post a Comment