Sunday, August 2, 2009

Idiom cuteness

I've heard this several times this week and never before (though I instantly knew what it meant, so either I have heard it before or it just makes sense in human brains): "To get one's ducks in a row". Apparently it means to get organised or get one's affairs in order, but I get this visual in my brain of someone berating a brace (clutch?)* of little duckies as they waddle innocently about. "Get in that row! Now! Stop wandering around, you're getting all muddled." Maybe because it's just so gosh-darn hard to get ducks in a row that it's a suitable saying for getting organised. Because that's no easy task.

Something to ponder at the pond.


*On water, they're called a "paddling of ducks". Oh, the cuteness here today is off the charts!

No comments:

Post a Comment