Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Downunder

Today I'm over at The Shady Glade talking about Christmas in Australia: what's unique about it, and what we cling to despite our ridiculously hot climate.

Check it out and tell me what you think!


My Christmas plans so far are having my mum, brother and his girl over for lunch. Zapp will do his usual: turn his phone off, drink copious beer and say "bah-humbug" if any so much as mentions presents, decorations or even trees. I shall lure him from his den with prawns.

Then I think we're going camping in Adelaide til new Year. Hello summer!

11 comments:

  1. Yay for Chrissy in summer. I love it. Nothing beats the beach on Christmas followed by several cold ones. Snow is overrated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's totally normal for you...and for my southern US friends but I can't imagine a warm Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of like a cold snowy Christmas, but after Dec 25, bring on the sun, I say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pic - and so jealous about your upcoming camping trip! Sounds amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would so love to experience a Christmas in Australia...I'm used to the snowy freezing New England ones. Siiigh. One day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha adorable! Wish I could do Christmas Down Under!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh Rhiannon, when you get back...tag you're it!

    http://frankiediane.blogspot.com/2009/12/ive-been-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm pretty envious of you getting to have Christmas in summer time... although I'm so used to it being wintry and cold that I'm not sure I could get my head around an Australian Christmas.

    Re: your boyfriend, who on earth says bah-humbug to *presents*?! That's just plain incomprehensible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds lovely! (your holiday, I mean) Following the link now...

    ReplyDelete